You can contact us as by email using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All users must accept our Terms and Conditions of Use or immediately leave the site
- All users are reminded that they should read and accept the information displayed in the disclaimer section at the bottom left hand corner of every page.
Want to help?
- If you want to help with this project, please read the following link Want to help?
- Also see Labeling a medicine prescribed under the cascade
- Also see Protocol for prescribing and dispensing licensed products and off label, unauthorised “cascade products”
- Also see VMD Fact sheet on the prescribing cascade
- Also see Finding out about veterinary medicines authorised in the UK
- Also see A note on withdrawal times
- Also see Advertising cascade use of products
Prescribing and dispensing compliance
- Cascade/ Extra-label data sheets: These are available at www.vetformulary.com for hundreds of "Active substances" are easily printed in practice livery from this site and issued to clients whenever medications are dispensed "off-label", or outside of the manufacturer's packaging.
- Cascade/ Extra-label data sheets: These ensure veterinarians have identified the name of the vet, the medicine (active substance), the expiry date, special precautions in the user and target species, special storage and disposal instructions.
- Information sheet must be carefully completed and always have the product expiry date inserted, the vet's name clearly written, and any special precautions identified.
- An SQP or pharmacist can also fulfill their duty of care using the vetformulary.com compliance system
- This helps clinicians wishing to fulfill the requirements of the VMRs and the RCVS PSS Medicines section of accreditation.
- Our system helps to ensure that practitioners in the UK comply with legal dispensing requirements and avoid possible litigation or criminal prosecution when prescribing and dispensing off label products.
Through-out our "Beta Phase" trial period, we will not charge our site users as they log in for a trial, but we will require full user registration.
Through-out our "Beta Phase" trial period, registered users will be given access to a selection of our most popular cascade/extra-label data-sheets. If users require access to further data-sheets, these are available on an individual basis through contact with the site administrator.
Practices and organisations can set information sheets and consent forms in their own practice or institution livery. These should assist you as you fulfill your VMR and RCVS PSS cascade prescribing and dispensing requirements for extra-label or cascade use.
Users can simply upload their practice or organisation logo and details using the "Profile" section of their user account.
Our registration process allows us to verify student and undergraduate status (nursing and veterinary professions). We aim for students and undergraduates to have free access to all our services for as long as we provide them.
Our future registration process allows us to identify membership of professional bodies and organisations. Registration offers us the opportunity to verify membership and reduce our future subscription charges to members of appropriate professional bodies and societies.
Registration data will remain confidential at all times. Nothing that can identify a site user will ever be made available to anyone outside of this organisation.
Navigation and Terminology
A guide to site navigation, abbreviations and terminology used can be found at Terminology and navigation tips
VMD PID SPC
Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs) are held by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) as a datasheet for each authorised product on their Product Information Database (PID), u. See - http://www.vmd.gov.uk/ProductInformationDatabase.